Thursday, November 24, 2005

Harry Potter : Goblet of Fire SUCKS bigtime!

Yea, I watched it on my stupid little telly with my friends, illegal pirated cd and even counting that fact, the movie still sucked!! I kept telling myself, I'll watch it at the movies after this but no way am I blowing my money on that movie.

The characters were too simplified, cedric wasn't portrayed better. Better looking, more charismatic. This guy is hufflepuff's legend, he was their hope, their pride their joy. They didnt show the way hufflepuff ganged up with slytherin against gryffindor. Or the alienation that Potter went through. And where the hell was winky and dobby?

The acting went from ok to bad. I am afraid its going to get much worse. there was no emotion, no chemistry. I seriously doubt the director even read the books.

all in all, I hated the movie. victor was ok but he should have been shorter. Hermoine was really beautiful, but they should've let the frizz show more before.

oh btw, an all friend managed to keep in touch. :) it is times like these that I am glad I kept a blog.

5 comments:

savante said...

It's okay lah. They just cut it much too short.

Paul

Anonymous said...

If u put the whole book into production, the movie would turn out 5-6 hours long...don't u think??

Francis Ford Faggola said...

I agree with these two. If they put everything in then we'd have a buttnumb-athon on our hands!

And it's not the director's fault alone. The script was written way before the movie was made. If you wanna blame someone, blame scriptwriters (and I think Rowling also has a say in the movies yeah?)

ça va pas la tête said...

I like the show from the entertainment point of view!

bRed said...

well it has always been the case hasn't it with fantasy books made into movies... on the whole, for me the movie didnt manage to bring across the emotions as it was supposed to..

and yes.. it would probably take much longer... which just means, a skilled director/producer would have been better at editing =)

anyway... love the book tho.. cried my eyes out.